Join us on Thursday, March 15, 2018, for the
at Salty’s on Alki!
Dr. Richard E. Shope III:
The Art of Communicating Science
Scientific inquiry is an adventure of going where curiosity beckons. Dr. Shope has made it his mission to inspire the public, and especially young people, to develop a lifelong connection with science. A student of the late Marcel Marceu, and former consultant for JPL and the Los Angeles Unified School District, Dr. Shope is currently President & CEO of World Space Foundation, an organization dedicated to mentoring students in their discovery of the scientific method through research, reading, writing, speaking, and acting, including – yes – mime!
All events on Thursdays, except for Planning Lunch
All programs except for
Thurston County and
Annual Banquet to be held at
Doubletree at Southcenter
16500 Southcenter Pkwy
Tukwila, WA 98188
PWC Perpetual Calendar:
♦ Educational programs are held in Seattle on the
third or fourth Thursday of September, November, January and May
♦ Our January educational program is repeated in
Thurston County on the fourth Thursday of January.
♦ 2018: Our Annual Banquet* will be held on March 15.
For all educational programs:
Networking starts at 5:00 PM
Program starts at 6:00 PM*
*(6:30 on 11/16/17)
Admission and Dinner free for all PWC members
$20 for non-members
* Attendance at the PWC Annual Banquet requires payment for admission, regardless of whether or not a meal is selected.
ALL PWC EVENTS FOR 2017-2018
- September 28, 2017 – Effective Testimony: A Hitchiker’s Guide to the Witness Stand
- November 16, 2017 – Anatomy of an Addiction: Opioids, Benzos, and the Brain
- January 18, 2018 – Disability Conviction: What it is, what it isn’t, and what to do about it (Seattle Presentation)
- January 25, 2018 – Disability Conviction: What it is, what it isn’t, and what to do about it (Thurston County Presentation)
- March 15, 2018 – PWC Annual Banquet at Salty’s on Alki – Speaker: Dr. Richard Shope, III – The Art of Communicating Science
- May 17, 2018 – Point/Counterpoint